Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Random Events

  • Despite Beth and I both not ascribing to the Valentine's Day consumer phenomenon, we had a most lovely evening at Descanso Gardens, where we were treated to a four course meal, with a prearranged wine selection, a rather good lounge piano player, fairly private setting and servers being great servers. Really wonderful.
  • I learned today that an 'informal presentation' doesn't mean 'preparation is not required'. I gave an informal presentation about my project to coworkers. I don't need Power Point but brushing up on a couple of pieces of information would have helped. As Beth says, "You can't always be the smartest person in the room, but you always be the most prepared." I don't need to be so hard on myself, though. The problem with informal presentations is that you don't know where they're going to go.
  • It's not so hard to work for 12 hours in a row, when your wife is out of town for the day. Are there other things in life except my job? Not right now.
  • Currently reading: Irons in the Fire, by John McPhee. I can't wait to finish it so I can re-read Bridge of Birds, followed by its two sequels, which I have finally received.
  • We finally finished our very last Game of Death. Nine years. It was time. It wasn't fresh any more; it had become a chore. I'm sad that it's gone, but glad that I don't have to tend to it anymore. I think I'm going to post my farewell comments.

No comments: