Sunday, March 06, 2005

As seen on Lessig Blog

The new FOX Blocker is a wonderful device for blocking the Fox News channel on your TV. It looks like a basic cable TV channel blocker, since as you place your order, you have to indicate which channel broadcasts FOX News. Does that mean if I give the channel number for another news station, such as MSNBC? Will it do nothing? What about if it were a different Fox channel, but not a news channel, such asFOX Sports? What about FX? Bravo? PBS? Will it filter programs that are produced by FOX but aired, in syndication, on The WB? Cause I'm not putting anything on my TV that blocks Married With Children.


This reminds me of a little story from my ski trip two weeks ago, one which I neglected to tell anyone, including my wife. On the last day, I left a little early to chill out and read the newspaper, so I went to one of the mountain's coffee houses. I was wearing my awesome Google sweatshirt. The woman behind the counter asked me if I worked for Google and I said that I did. She said she loved Google alot. "I used to have foxnews.com as my home page but now I have Google News as my home page." I only say: Hooray for Google.

No comments: