Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Good Math

Conversation between me and my wife about our dog, Maggie:
Her: "She only pooped three times today."
Me: "No, she pooped four times!"
"You're a liar."
"I'm a liar? OK, let me count. How many times did she poop with you today?"
"Zero."
"And how many times did she poop with me today? Hmm.. let me think. It was FOUR! So how many is that in total?"
"Four."
"And what's the percentage increase between the number of times she pooped with you compared to the number of times she pooped with me?"
"... Zillions! A Zillion percent!"
"Infinity. I'm infinitely more productive than you. Remember that tomorrow."
":("
"That's what you get for calling me a liar."
This really belongs on twitter, but I couldn't get it under 140 characters.

4 comments:

DK said...

Obama clinches victory, Hillary continues to lose gracelessly, and you guys are talking about how often your dog poops? You've been in LA way too long.

Anonymous said...

Are you guys feeding your dog ex-lax? I fed my dogs twice a day and they pooped at most 3 times a day. That was when they were puppies; as they got older it was twice a day. Now that I think about it when they were puppies I fed them 3 times a day. So it was pretty much a 1-to-1 relationship.

(If they're big dogs, i.e., Lab or Golden size or larger, soak their kibble a bit in water, then they're less likely to get bloat/torsion.)

Elliot said...

That was an excellent post about dog poop. I'm glad you posted it here, rather than twitter.

konberg said...

Anonymous: If she didn't actually poop when we took her, I'd be less skeptical. She keeps steady weight. Anyway, that's not the important thing. The important thing is that I'm an excellent bad winner.